The following Booking Conditions, have to the extent possible, taken account of the European Community Package Travel Directive. Legal interpretation on specific clauses of this directive may vary between European Community member states. We accept that the legal interpretation of the member state where the booking is made will prevail over the following Booking Conditions where the Package Travel Directive have been adopted into law.
1. YOUR SERVICE RESERVATION
On receipt of your deposit, subject to availability and at our discretion, we will reserve your place on your selected service. A contract is made between you and ALTAMENTE, s.r.o. only upon your booking being confirmed and accepted by us and our communication thereof to you or your travel agent.
2. YOUR FINANCIAL PROTECTION
In the unlikely event of our insolvency, the accommodation or package cannot be provided, the client will receive their money back or, if their stay has started, arrangements will be made for them to be able to continue as planned.
3. PRICE GUARANTEE
Prices on this site are fixed and guaranteed.
4. IF WE CANCEL OR CHANGE YOUR SERVICE
- 4.1 We reserve the right to change or cancel your booking in accordance with operating requirements or circumstances beyond its control.
- 4.2 Should change or cancellation prove necessary we will give you reasonable notice thereof, in the circumstances, and where available, offer you a comparable alternative. Where cancellation is necessary, a minimum period of 7 days notice will be given by us unless the circumstances leading to the cancellation were beyond our reasonable control.
- 4.3 If an alternative is not available or acceptable you will be entitled to either a full refund of monies paid by you to us or transfer to another our service without payment of any transfer fee.
- 4.4 If the change or cancellation is due to force majeure (i.e. circumstances like political unrest, war or threat of war, riots, civil strife, closure of airports or ports, industrial disputes, terrorist activity, natural and nuclear disasters, fire, epidemic or health risk, Acts of God, adverse weather conditions or other similar events beyond our control) we will give a full refund of any monies paid to us less reasonable expenses incurred by us in respect of your booking.
- 4.5 We are not responsible for the cost of any other travel arrangements affected due to cancellation or the rescheduling of any service.
5. SERVICE DETAILS AND CONDITIONS
- 5.1 The information in our catalogue is correct to the best of our knowledge at the release time and we cannot guarantee that any item or amenity mentioned will be available especially where we have no direct control over it.
- 5.2 We will do our best, at our discretion, to select tours to give you good value for money.
- 5.3 We constantly strives to improve tour itineraries and features. If such improvements can be made, or unforeseen circumstances beyond our control make changes necessary, we reserve the right to vary itineraries and to substitute routes. We are not responsible for any other travel arrangements affected due to our cancellations.
- 6.1 All monies you pay to the travel agent are held by him on our behalf at all times.
- 6.2 We will be entitled to keep for our account any interest earned on such monies.
- 6.3 All monies paid by you to us through your travel agent or otherwise, whether in respect of the deposit or full payment, may be disbursed by us as and when we see fit, in respect of the services to be provided and/or fees payable under your selected service. The payment of a deposit or any other monies in respect of your order shall be deemed to be an authorisation for disbursement thereof as aforesaid.
1. YOUR BOOKING
- 1.1 In order to reserve your order, a payment must be submitted to ALTAMENTE, s.r.o. by you in respect of that order. This payment is in addition to any deposit required by your travel agent. The payment is accepted as a first instalment of the service price by us only once the booking has been confirmed in writing by us or your travel agent.
- 1.2 Your land reservation will be confirmed on receipt of a service price payment, which must be within 7 days of booking or the reservation will automatically be cancelled.
2. PAYING THE BALANCE
- 2.1 If payment isn’t made by the due date, we may assume that you have cancelled and cancellation charges in accordance with clause 2 below will be levied by us.
- 2.2 Tickets and other documents will not be forwarded until full payment has been received by us.
3. IF YOU CANCEL
- 3.1 Notice of cancellation must be made to us in writing as soon as possible.
- 3.2 Your deposit is non-refundable upon cancellation by you.
- 3.3 Upon cancellation you will be liable to pay a fee to cover the estimate of cost and expenses incurred by us in the terms of the schedule set out hereunder. This is expressed as a percentage of the service price and is calculated as follows:
PERIOD OF NOTICE CANCELLATION FEE 2 days from your order 0% (full price is returned) More than 2 days before start 5% of service price 2-1 days before start 25% of service price Less than 24 hours before start 100% of service price
Where the percentage cancellation fee is less than the deposit, the cancellation fee will equal loss of deposit. If the reason for cancellation falls within the terms of any service insurance policy which you hold, then any such charges may, subject to the terms of your insurance policy, be refunded to you by the insurance company.
- 3.4 Any cancellation of additional services booked prior to and after your tour booking, such as pre and post transfers, that are cancelled within 14 days of the tour departure incur a 100% cancellation fee.
- 3.5 These cancellation fees are in addition to any cancellation fees that may be levied by your Travel Agent.
4. IF YOU CHANGE YOUR BOOKING
- 4.1 If after your booking has been confirmed, you wish to change to an alternate departure date you may do so subject to availability and provided the new service date is also in this catalogue.
- 4.2 A fee of 25% per service will be charged for any revision or alteration made to a reservation after the booking is confirmed, unless the change increases the value of the booking.
- 4.3 A name change to a different person will be treated as a cancellation.
5. SERVICE DETAILS AND CONDITIONS
- 5.1 Please read the service description carefully for those items included in the price. No allowance or refund can be made for excursions, etc. that you select not to take, or when museums, shops, etc are closed.
- 5.2 If you have a question regarding the age groups, you are welcome to discuss this with our staff member.
- 5.3 We strive to provide a safe, enjoyable and memorable travel experience for all passengers. We welcome passengers with special needs or disabilities. However, please note the following:
- Passengers are required to advise us, in advance, of any physical, medical or other special needs.
- All guests must ensure they are medically and physically fit for travel. We may impose safety requirements necessary for the safe operation of the tour. We may also exclude an individual from participating in a tour or an activity if that individual’s participation poses a direct threat to health or safety.
- We do not provide personal devices (such as wheelchairs, hearing aids or prescription eye glasses) or services of a personal nature (such as pushing a wheelchair or assistance in eating, assisting with luggage, toileting or dressing,). A companion capable of providing such assistance must accompany any passenger who requires services of a personal nature.
- We do not employ medical personnel. Any necessary medical attention will be provided by a local facility at the passenger’s expense. We are not responsible or liable for any losses or costs incurred as a result of medical services obtained while on tour, or for the quality of the care or services received.
- Passengers should be aware some tours include rough terrain, extensive walking over cobblestone streets, uneven pavement, steps and locations which may not be easily accessible or accessible by wheelchair. During the tour, we may make arrangements with carriers and other independent suppliers to provide travel services. These parties are independent entities over which we has no control.
- Passengers are required to carry their own luggage, there may be times passengers are required to carry their luggage far distances & up many flights of stairs with no assistance.
- We may, in its sole discretion, decline the booking of any passenger or remove any passenger who cannot comply or refuses to comply with our terms and conditions. We are not responsible for any costs incurred in the event a passenger is removed from a tour. Passengers agree not to hold ALTAMENTE, s.r.o. or any of its related entities liable for any actions taken under these terms and conditions.
- 5.4 You are responsible for all travel arrangements and costs to/from the point of commencement/conclusion of the service.
- 5.5.1 There may be times when our Representative has to make a decision in your best interests or the best interests of their group. You agree to comply with the authority and decisions of the appointed our Representative and the laws of the country in which you are travelling. If you do not so comply or if, in our Representative’s opinion, you are not compatible with the general enjoyment and well being of other members on the service or smooth operation of the service itself, we reserve the right to refuse to let you continue with the service. We do not tolerate the possession or carriage of illegal or restricted substances (drugs). Furthermore, you agree that your fellow travellers and any our Representative have the right to travel/work in a safe environment. Any threats to their safety, well being or inappropriate behaviour by you, whether verbal or physical, will be taken extremely seriously and may result in the immediate termination of your service. In such event, you will be responsible for your own repatriation and related costs and have no claims against us.
- 5.5.2 You are responsible for any costs incurred as a result of damage related to other group members.
- 5.5.3 The Company may, in its sole discretion, decline the booking of any passenger or remove any passenger who cannot comply or refuses to comply with the Company’s terms and conditions. The Company is not responsible for any costs incurred in the event a passenger is removed from a tour. Passengers agree not to hold the Company or any of its related entities liable for any actions taken under these terms and conditions.
- 5.6 Where the passenger occupies a motorcoach seat fitted with a safety belt, neither the operator or service providers, agents or cooperating organisations shall be liable for any illness, injury or death nor any loss, damages or claims whatsoever arising from any accident or incident, if the safety belt is not being worn at the time of the accident or incident.
- 5.7 It is your responsibility to have a valid passport and all visas, permits and certificates required for your selected service as well as any necessary vaccinations and to comply with all applicable laws.
- 5.8 You agree that our Tour Manager or our Representatives may take photographs and films of you during service and that these may be used in our Group brochures and/or advertising or publicity material without obtaining any further consent or payment in respect of such photographs and/or films.
- 5.9 Should you have a complaint in respect of the service, you should inform our Representative during the course of the service and if the matter cannot be resolved after the representative’s best endeavours to do so during the service, your complaint should be made in writing to us as soon as is reasonably possible after the service but within 42 days thereof so that your complaint can be investigated. If you do not write within 42 days, your rights under this contract may be affected. If you choose to write to us via the Internet, please provide your home address so that we are able to reply to you in writing.
- 5.10.1 The contract and all matters arising in respect hereof shall be subject to Czech Republic Law, unless we agree otherwise in writing.
- 5.10.2 If any provision of this contract is held invalid or unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction, that provision shall be deemed to be re-written to give effect to the same purpose within the permitted limits of the law. The validity and enforceability of the other provisions shall not be affected.
- 5.10.3 If you are unsuccessful in any legal action instituted against us, you agree to pay all our costs, including but not limited to, attorney/client costs.
We very strongly recommend that you take out comprehensive insurance cover for cancellation, medical expenses, personal accident, personal baggage, money and public liability before joining our service. This should be arranged at the time of payment of the deposit and will, in certain circumstances, cover you against loss of deposit or cancellation fees from the date of confirmation of your booking, as shown in the insurance policy. You also agree to indemnify us against all third-party claims, actions, damages and remedies which may be brought against us in respect of your participation in the service.
7. ILLNESS OR ABSENTEEISM
In the event of your withdrawal from a service after the commencement as a result of illness, you must obtain a medical certificate in support of any insurance claim. No refunds will be made for any absence from the tour.
8. WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED IN THE SERVICE PRICE:
Insurance, laundry, phone calls, beverages, meals, tips to Tour Managers & Tour Drivers, items of a personal nature, excess baggage and optional excursions.
9. WEATHER CONDITIONS
Under no circumstances can we be held responsible for weather conditions, nor can any service be cancelled or amended by you at any time on the basis of weather conditions.
What passport do you hold? You may require visas for your tour. We do not have a visa service, so we recommend that you contact your local embassy or visa service to obtain visas.